0.17 blueprint landfill?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

0.17 blueprint landfill?

Post by zOldBulldog »

I know that 0.17 is supposed to handle landfilling when you place a blueprint. I assumed it would be via ghost (as with trees, then bots can do the placing of landfill before rail or structures) but that does not seem to be it.

So...

1) How does it really work?

2) Is there a 0.17 mod that would make placing landfill as intuitive as I describe?

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 0.17 blueprint landfill?

Post by Wisey »

Landfill in blueprints is via ghosts as you expect. The only issues I've found is that the rest of a blueprint won't be place on the water area even if there is a landfill ghost there, do you have to do it twice - once to build the landfill & items on old land and then again when the landfill is built.

Mod to add landfill to blueprints - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillEverything

G

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Hmmm... I just tried to place a rail blueprint over water twice, with landfill in my inventory and shift-clicking. No joy.

What am I doing wrong?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Did you install the mod ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Koub wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 am
Did you install the mod ?
No. Not yet, wanted to see the vanilla 0.17 behavior first.

I have no objection to mods since I already finished all achievements and they do fix a few core behaviors, but I am very cautious adding them... precisely to avoid unwanted side effects.

Return to “Gameplay Help”