Effect Transmission Manufacturing

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Effect Transmission Manufacturing

Post by SkinnerOne »

OK, I did my homework and checked the Forum Search, searched Google, Scratched my head, said three hail Mary's and triple checked every icon in the crafting window and I STILL cannot figure out effect transmission for v 0.17.23?

What am I missing? Is there a structure I need to make? Do I need to learn how it is done from some previous version?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Effect Transmission Manufacturing

Post by Koub »

Is this what you're looking for ?
spoiler
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkinnerOne »

Precisely! Only problem is once I have researched it ther3e is no icon in my crafting. Further there is no icon in the research screen either.

Is this a problem in 0.17.23?

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Are you looking for an item called "effect transmission"? The item in your crafting menu is called a "beacon" (I assume - I haven't gotten that far in .17, but I don't think it's changed.)

SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkinnerOne »

Yes. I know about Effect Transmission and II have researched that item.

Thank you for the name of the Beacon. However, in the Research Technology window using v 0.17.23 there is no icon for a Beacon on the Effect Transmission tab. The Beacon is not showing up in the crafting window after Effect Transmission Research has been completed.

I read through the update notes as much as my old techno-challenged brain could handle (I think the cause was lost when I ran into Logarithmic functions)and I saw no mention of any changes to Effect Transmission anywhere.

I am wondering if this is a bug to be reported or whether any others have found this a problem.
Attachments
20190401161046_1.jpg
20190401161046_1.jpg (211.65 KiB) Viewed 2354 times

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BaggyK »

The beacon is there for me, I am also running 0.17.23.

SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkinnerOne »

Hummm. Thank you. I know it's not a bug now. Time to reinstall.

SkinnerOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkinnerOne »

OK. I finally figured out what is happening..... I think....

Apparently there is a module conflict with a Mod called Simple Modules. When I start a Sandbox - All Tech game with Simple Modules ON.... No Beacon shows up in the Production menu. When I turn OFF Simple Modules and start a Sandbox game - All Tech ..... Beacons are showing up in the Production menu.

Ergo, Simple Modules is outta there!

Unfortunately in a saved game shutting down Simple Modules doesn't seem to change the fact that Beacons won't show up.

Not like I was never gonna start a new game though right?

Thanks for all the help folks. I actually expected to get my head taken off for asking a question like I have gotten in the forums of other games. So I really appreciate the help.

AND.... I learned a lot about the game in the process. Especially where to look and NOT to look for information.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

SkinnerOne wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:35 pm

AND.... I learned a lot about the game in the process. Especially where to look and NOT to look for information.
i hope you learned that providing an active mod list would be helpful.
Also posted the information in steps, could have been solved easier with it. But finding your own bugs indeed teaches you more than anyone here can ;)

Things may break during unstable beta, but unless you find alot of bug reports about a vanilla item gone M.I.A., you can assume 99% of the time its mods causing these things

Return to “Gameplay Help”