How to use upgrade planner?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to use upgrade planner?

Post by nuhll »

wtf, im too dumb.

i drag it into my toolbar, press q and it dissapears (out of the toolbar), even if i change something in it, its always delted..

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to use upgrade planner?

Post by BaggyK »

If you want to keep a upgrade planner you will need to place it in your inventory, pick it up and drop it using q.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

BaggyK wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:56 pm
If you want to keep a upgrade planner you will need to place it in your inventory, pick it up and drop it using q.
Lets say i put it in my invetory, can i then put it into my toolbar?

Thats pretty stupid btw. Why i cant just set my options in the upgrade planner (who change them anyway). And can just select it from right from the toolbar, dont get it.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

OK, i can put it in inventar and then i can place it in toolbar (stupid af)

Thanks!

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I don't know about "stupid af" but it is inconsistent with the blueprints now, isn't it? You can drag a link to a blueprint (and even a deconstruction planner) to your toolbar, why not an upgrade planner?

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

5thHorseman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 am
I don't know about "stupid af" but it is inconsistent with the blueprints now, isn't it? You can drag a link to a blueprint (and even a deconstruction planner) to your toolbar, why not an upgrade planner?
Its dumb asf because we already had a mod upgrade planner, they didnt had to invent ANYTHING NEW, just make the exact same thing.. :roll:

The upgrade planner also dont save the options u did for inserters (bobs inserters). they actually made a worse implementation :(

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am
5thHorseman wrote:
Its dumb asf because we already had a mod upgrade planner, they didnt had to invent ANYTHING NEW, just make the exact same thing.. :roll:
That mod put the upgrade planner in your inventory from what I recall.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

5thHorseman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 pm
nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am
5thHorseman wrote:
That mod put the upgrade planner in your inventory from what I recall.
Yeah and you could pack it in your toolbelt, and it would save the "options", even if u delete the item.

It also would save the inserter positions (like short, long)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm
Yeah and you could pack it in your toolbelt, and it would save the "options", even if u delete the item.
The Toolbelt doesn't exist anymore. Those 10 slots are added to the main inventory.

The mod would have to do it the same way.

Can't speak on the settings. I've barely unlocked robots in my game and so haven't really used the planner except to play with it for a few minutes when .17 dropped.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

5thHorseman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:39 am
nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm
The Toolbelt doesn't exist anymore. Those 10 slots are added to the main inventory.

The mod would have to do it the same way.

Can't speak on the settings. I've barely unlocked robots in my game and so haven't really used the planner except to play with it for a few minutes when .17 dropped.
U dont understand what i mean, sorry, english isnt my mother language...

I dont care if it takes a slot or not.

But now it takes a slot AND is right next to the toolbelt.

How u want to use the upgrade planner?

You want to have it like blueprints and deconstruction directly avaible next to your toolbelt and click on it when to upgrade something.

Thats currently only possible (as far as i know) if you have the thing next to your toolbelt AND the item in inventory AND the item in your toolbelt. (thats just dumb)

Return to “Gameplay Help”