Electronic circuits and Assembling machine issue

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MilanF666
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Electronic circuits and Assembling machine issue

Post by MilanF666 »

Hi, I just started playing Factorio and in the first tutorial campaign I should make 5 Electronic circuits. Fine, but they are produced by Assembling machines and for that I need 3 Electronic circuits, which I don't have. I'm playing version 0.17. Can someone help me to solve this problem please?

Edited:
The problem was not with finding 3 Electronic circuits in the wrecks. Problem was that I didn't know that I can change the recipe in Assembling machine. There was no word about that possibility in the tutorial.
Last edited by MilanF666 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Electronic circuits and Assembling machine issue

Post by Loewchen »

You can find some, explore some wrecks.

MilanF666
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MilanF666 »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm
Thank you. I already used circuits found in wrecks for building my first Assembling machine for copper cables. But then I wanted to build another Assembling machine for Electronic circuits. I just didn't know that I can change recipe for that first Assembling machine. Now it's all ok. :D

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm
Specifically, there are three electronic circuits in the large piece of wreckage on the left side of the starting area.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

CDarklock wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Specifically, there are three electronic circuits in the large piece of wreckage on the left side of the starting area.
Why does it only ask you to retrieve from two wreckages if you need all three to continue?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

You don't, you can just change the assembler recipe to wires and then back to circuits...
(The wrecks seem to be a crutch for players that might have gotten stuck there - nice, I haven't thought of that !)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm
You don't, you can just change the assembler recipe to wires and then back to circuits...
(The wrecks seem to be a crutch for players that might have gotten stuck there - nice, I haven't thought of that !)
He said he didn't have enough to make the first assembly machine. I think.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:28 pm
CDarklock wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm
Why does it only ask you to retrieve from two wreckages if you need all three to continue?
You don't. This is one of the ones he shows you, but he doesn't actually force you to retrieve from any of them - just open them.

Basically, he goes to the one on the right and says "left click to open a container." You have to left-click a container - any container - and then he goes to the one on the left and says "control-click to retrieve everything from a container." You have to control-click a container, then he continues.

It is entirely possible to control-click the FIRST container (or the third, off on the cliff to the left) and never open the big container in the middle or retrieve anything from it. You have, however, been told that this big piece of wreckage is a container and taught how to get things out of containers.

You only need two containers: the one on the left with the circuits, and the one on the right with the copper cable. The one up on the cliff has solid fuel, which you don't actually need. All of them also have gears.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

ah, ok. That explains it.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16