Help with logistic robots behavior

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RusioQuazar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Help with logistic robots behavior

Post by RusioQuazar »

Hi :D

is there any way to assign specific tasks or priorities to each robot? to have the least number of inactive robots or force them to perform a certain activity

for example (extreme): assign 2.4k robots to move the items of a specific chest and fill another specific one in a single trip

if that is not possible, is there a way to achieve something similar? to optimize the performance of the logistic network

so much thanks in advance, ill be waiting for your comments

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help with logistic robots behavior

Post by Zavian »

RusioQuazar wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 am
is there any way to assign specific tasks or priorities to each robot?
No, and you really don't want that sort of micromanagement with larger bases with 1000s of bots.
RusioQuazar wrote:
to have the least number of inactive robots or force them to perform a certain activity
If you have inactive bots sitting in a roboport, then all current jobs should already have bots assigned.
RusioQuazar wrote:
assign 2.4k robots to move the items of a specific chest and fill another specific one in a single trip
Emptying active providers is the highest priority job, so (assuming you have enough idle bots), you can just fast replace any chest with an active provider, and the game will dispatch enough bots to empty it. (Using requester, or filtered storage chests, you can probably even control where most of the contents go, if the chest is all one item). Be aware that sending 2400 bots into one area to move something is likely to result in charging problems in that area.

RusioQuazar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Help with logistic robots behavior

Post by RusioQuazar »

Zavian wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:00 am
No, and you really don't want that sort of micromanagement with larger bases with 1000s of bots.
The micromanagement isnt the problem, at least for me
Zavian wrote:
If you have inactive bots sitting in a roboport, then all current jobs should already have bots assigned.

That is the point, the criterion of the game when assuming that a job has a sufficient number of assigned robots, that should be able to determine it yourself
Zavian wrote:
Emptying active providers is the highest priority job, so (assuming you have enough idle bots), you can just fast replace any chest with an active provider, and the game will dispatch enough bots to empty it. (Using requester, or filtered storage chests, you can probably even control where most of the contents go, if the chest is all one item). Be aware that sending 2400 bots into one area to move something is likely to result in charging problems in that area.
2.4k robots moving items at the same time was just an "extreme" example, i would dont do that, even if i could, anyway, i followed your advice, changed all the storage chests (used to massive storage) for active ones, the robots went crazy because they did not have where to keep things :lol: :lol:, because the requesters had what they requested and storage was filtered, now it is regularized and they are consuming first what is In the active chests, very quickly, when the amount of items requested by a requesting casket drops a little, many move quickly to supply it, a couple of items arrive more than those requested, it's like if the priority it would have doubled, I appreciate your comment, it has served me well, i had not thought about doing that before

Anyway, also, I think developers should implement a way to assign specific tasks to each robot, or at least roboports, to better control the priority they give to them, thanks for all :D .

Return to “Gameplay Help”