Train World Preset : stone almost inexistant

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Train World Preset : stone almost inexistant

Post by TN_Creator »

Hi,

after a long break, I started a new game with "train world" preset and one single mod, "longer days and nights"

map generation seems ok, except for stone : it is almost non-existent.

I had a standard very small patch in the starting area, but then, exploring farther, it appears that stone patches are insanely rare and with the same ridiculously low amount : the first distant one that I found had like 2.5K and took 40 minutes to clear with a few electric miners.

I explored so far that the ground was almost half alien bases and half ore with copper patches reaching 40M for example, and I only found one more tiny stone patch, with a quantity of 4k. Plenty of other ressources in this region, lots of uranium, oil, etc.

My question is, is it normal or is the generation broken in my case ? I'm sure that I didnt change any options of the preset.
Can I see in my game what the generation settings are ? Is it possible to alter the generation for regions not yet explored ?

thanks !

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train World Preset : stone almost inexistant

Post by Zavian »

TN_Creator wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 am
y question is, is it normal or is the generation broken in my case ? I'm sure that I didnt change any options of the preset.
Can I see in my game what the generation settings are ? Is it possible to alter the generation for regions not yet explored ?
Assuming you didn't change the stone generation options, what you describe isn't normal, however stone is used is smaller quantities than iron and copper, so it is rarer than those, and resources spawn randomly, so it is always possible to get unlucky (especially with a less abundant resource).

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You can check your map settings by starting a new game with the map exchange string from your save. There also is a mod with the name "Change map settings".

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

thank you, I will check this asap to understand if I messed with the generator options or if I'm simply so unlucky that uranium is ten times more abundant than stone on my map :p

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

I checked the options with the map exchange string and everything is set correctly according to Rail World, so I guess it's just very bad luck.

Anyway, I started a new game with RSO as the rail world preset was not to my taste.

Return to “Gameplay Help”