Station bug or intended behavior?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Station bug or intended behavior?

Post by Trebor »

I just created a train station connected the station to a electric pole and added these conditions:
  • Enable/disable
  • Read stopped train
  • Enable condition T=0
I placed a chain signal in front of the station and sent a train to the station with a wait condition of 1 second. When the train arrived the station disabled itself.

Then I stood around watching the chain signal periodically turn from green to blue. The cycling from green to blue took longer than 1 second.

What I think is happening is when the train decides to leave the station T becomes 0, the chain signal changes blue, then before the train can move the station activates.

So the question is why did the train not move? Did it reroute because it's stopped at a signal? (I'm going to move the signal please wait.) Nope, changing the distance between the station and signal did change behavior. I was thinking the signal was causing the train to reroute to nearest station (the one it's current at) but that does not appear to be the case.

Please help me to understand why the train is not moving.

[Edit]Well I was wrong about one thing. T doesn't go to 0 when the signal changes color. Also changing the condition to other than T causing the station to always be disabled after arriving does not cause the train to leave after the wait time.

[Edit]Found it, even though I only want this train to go to stations with the same name and only stations with that name, the train needs two stations in its station list. Over 2k hours and still making rookie mistakes.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Station bug or intended behavior?

Post by steinio »

Glad we could help you out. :D

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Trebor wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 am
It's just rubber duck debugging.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging
HAHA. I didn't realize a name had been given to this process, but not particularly surprised one was. I did this occasionally as a network engineer. I would start explaining the problem to a co-worker, who was not a network engineer, and just as the wiki explains, I would discover the problem while attempting to explain the problem. Didn't occur to me to attempt explaining it to an inanimate object, but it would have worked just as well.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Return to “Gameplay Help”