"Do not replenish" logic help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Ren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"Do not replenish" logic help

Post by Ren »

I have a logical situation that I can't figure out how to make work.

For simplicity sake, let's say I have two belt loops. The one on the left is full of iron. The one on the right is empty. Between the two loops, I have an inserter->chest->inserter. So, Iron can be moved from the loop on the left, to the chest, and then to the loop on the right.

Let's say that I want to fill the chest to 10 iron, and once I have 10 iron, move those 10 to the belt on the right. Pretty easy, right? Here's where I'm struggling...once those 10 are moved, I do not want the chest filled again. Basically, I want to move those 10, only those 10, and disable both inserters for good.

This doesn't seem that complicated, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

(sorry, I'm away from my Factorio PC, and can't screenshot right now)

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Do not replenish" logic help

Post by quyxkh »

A feedback-wired +0 arithmetic combinator is an accumulator, this tick's inputs include this tick's outputs, which is the previous tick's input + 0. Wire each inserter up to one of those with read-pulse, enable-if iron < 10, every pulse will be added to the tick's inputs and carried forward that way. When they add up to 10 the inserter's no longer enabled.

Ren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: "Do not replenish" logic help

Post by Ren »

Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a go.

Return to “Gameplay Help”