[0.16.51] Disappearing inserters from a save?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.16.51] Disappearing inserters from a save?

Post by zOldBulldog »

About once every few days or week I find myself wondering "hmm... how come I am not getting item XYZ any longer? I have it in my Logistic requests and I would swear I used to get it from my Passive Provider chests just fine." Then when I go look I find that some assembler is missing and therefore the item wasn't being produced. It is not a serious problem and it is easy enough to fix, but it has surprised me at least half a dozen times over the last month (and I don't remember ever having the issue before).

So I am wondering... am I going nuts/senile/have gremlins running around my house, or is there some rare condition that makes a game save lose an inserter between sessions? In case it is relevant, I do rely on Steam cloud synchronization.

Has anybody experienced this weird behavior? Is there any know bug that might be related to this?

Thanks for any info.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Disappearing inserters from a save?

Post by adam_bise »

I've never had assemblers or inserters disappear, but I have accidentally rotated inserters when fat fingering r and not being clear about where my cursor was.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps a misconfigured deconstruction planner or perhaps a lousy left mouse button that may add clicks when trying to make a deconstruction box.

Given the frequency it would be hard to test theories, but perhaps try to keep your storage chests empty and see if any of these missing items show up there? Then you would know they were deconstructed.

Also, running shit over with your tank can cause this, but would be hard to miss. Perhaps also you are mining stuff on accident and not noticing due to lag.

Also, what mods are you using?

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

No mods, and the inserters that disappear are smack in the middle of a very dense and long established mall, not a place where I use the deconstructor. That is what makes it so puzzling, and so hard to duplicate/identify. What makes it weirder is that it only happened for the last couple weeks (not ever before) and that it happens very rarely and randomly.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

That is strange. Might be a bug. You could try submitting your save in the bugs forum.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

adam_bise wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:58 pm
That is strange. Might be a bug. You could try submitting your save in the bugs forum.
No point in submitting a bug unless I can reproduce it intentionally. It is too random to even be certain what is happening and could easily be a bad interaction with mice or something that has nothing to do with the game.

That is why I started by asking if anybody else experienced it. Since it seems like a no... I am leaning towards "it must be something with my computer" rather than the game.

Return to “Gameplay Help”