circuit set-up help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
web07
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

circuit set-up help

Post by web07 »

I am currently trying to set-up a circuit system to allow for a global feedback (using the feature inside the Programmable speaker) when any chest out of a bank of 24 become empty.

I currently have 4 banks of 6 x 21 chests which are used to store coal to fuel my entire map and all the difference outposts that i current have .
I would like and am currently trying to design and build a system that would set of a alarm if any of the chest in particular row of 24 ( 4x 6 wide chests) becomes empty.
I am fairly new to the whole circuits part of this game.

I know that there a lot of people here who are a hell of a lot better than me and i have 1 simple question

Can anybody help with this problem.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: circuit set-up help

Post by DaleStan »

I suspect you need to explain a little more about your setup and what you're trying to do. Based on your current description, if you have two chests with one coal each, there's no alarm. But if one of those chests has 2000 coal and the other has zero, then you get an alarm. This doesn't seem like a desirable behavior.

But, if that's the behavior you want, it's not too hard to achieve. Build one decider combinator per chest. Set each combinator to Any (green star)>0 (the number, not the signal), output 1 on signal E. Connect each chest to the input of its corresponding combinator, and connect the outputs of all combinators in a given bank. Each combinator will output 1 if its chest has anything in it, and the outputs will all get added together to count the total number of non-empty chests. Connect that output network to the speaker. Set the speaker to alarm if E is not equal to the number of chests.

Return to “Gameplay Help”