Can't make a selection via deconstruction planer

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Can't make a selection via deconstruction planer

Post by OldFritz »

Hi there,

after hitting robots on an new map with quite some mods, i found myself incapable of select entities for deconstruction via the deconstruction planer. I can't mark anything. Shift and LM does not select anything.
Modular armor is equiped and powered, construction bots are in place. -Construction is no problem at all, works as always. My first thought was, some mod may caused the issue. But nope, same behavior as with mods.

I guess i must have overlooked something extremly simple, but i can't figure it out.

What am i doing wrong?

metis_seeker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Can't make a selection via deconstruction planer

Post by metis_seeker »

Did you toggle the whitelist/blacklist on the deconstruction planer (right click on the deconstruction planner). If you're still having trouble try dumping your current deconstruction planner and making a new one.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Can't make a selection via deconstruction planer

Post by OldFritz »

Allright, i figured it out, finally:

The hotkey for "select for blueprint" was assigned to whatever. I always layed out blueprint ghosts via Shift + LM. Always worked. Now i assigned "select for blueprint" to Shift + LM. NOW i can finally select anything for deconstruction. Filtering also works as intended. -A really good feature, thanks Factorio devs! :D

Boy, what a relief. Finally got to robots in a heavy mod playthrough and not being able to deconstruct with them, it was a nightmare came true. :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”