Inserter issues

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zues337
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserter issues

Post by zues337 »

Hey guys, got the game and really enjoy it so far, but I've been having issues lately with the Inserters being complicated in their own ways, I setup my smelting center where it smelts my iron ore and copper into iron plates and copper plates, and then they're taken to the assembly center but the problem lies within the assembly center, the filter Inserters aren't taking the materials they're set to bring in the assembler in, and they're not putting them in the labs either, and it took me 2 hours to figure out that apparently you cant put the inserter on certain sides of the assembler?????
Attachments
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (10).png (4.2 MiB) Viewed 1777 times
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (4.39 MiB) Viewed 1777 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Inserter issues

Post by Loewchen »

Neither of your setups will work. For the science production you need to separate the different types of items on additional belts otherwise the output inserters have no room to put their product in. You don't need filter inserter at all for anything you are doing.
The smelting input belt needs to separate coal and ore on different sides of the belt or it will get stuck because it has only one of it available at a time.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

What you are attempting is called a "sushi belt" and they are not something for beginners. Every belt in factorio has two lanes. Assign a resource to each lane and it will make your life much easier.

All inserters are automatically smart inserters when they point into an assembler. They will only grab items that the assembler needs and ignore everything else. It's pretty fool proof.

zues337
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zues337 »

thanks for replying :), how exactly do i get one resource on one line and the other on the other line?
still pretty new to the game and just went to somebody's you tube series to copy their design but it got reeeeeally complicated for me so i turned the design into a hybrid

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

zues337 wrote:thanks for replying :), how exactly do i get one resource on one line and the other on the other line?
still pretty new to the game and just went to somebody's you tube series to copy their design but it got reeeeeally complicated for me so i turned the design into a hybrid
Here's a few ways:
img1.png
img1.png (943.22 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

zues337
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zues337 »

Okay I see, thx for the help and fast response everyone :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”