Pumps Not Pumping Water Into Fluid Wagons

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Traveel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pumps Not Pumping Water Into Fluid Wagons

Post by Traveel »

Details:
Pumps Don't pump water Into Fluid Wagons
I'm on a Mac
Mods used:
Texugo Wind Generator
Deep Core Mining
Upgrade And Building Planner

Save attached below

Traveel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Pumps Not Pumping Water Into Fluid Wagons

Post by Traveel »

TOOK 5 MINUTES TO UPLOAD FILE ONLY TO GET A "YOUR MESSAGE CONTAINS TOO FEW CHARACTERS" MESSAGE
Attachments
First World.zip
(22.75 MiB) Downloaded 81 times

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

At most three pumps can connect to any tank car. On the right side, you do have three pumps connected to each rail car.
It's not working on the left side, though. Pumps are incredibly picky about where the tank car is sitting. As I understand it, putting a curve between the station and the pumps basically means that the pumps won't connect.

Two other notes:
Because Factorio-fluid-mechanics, you're much better off if your pumps connect directly from a tank to the rail-car, with no intervening pipes.
I see you have a section for barrel manufacturing. Have you considered using barrels instead? Your capacity will go down (20k/wagon instead of 25k/wagon), and you'll have to add a bunch of assembly machines, but you can use inserters, which will be perfectly happy with those wagon positions.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Pumps have very fragile hitboxes. Make sure the train is perfectly straight or it might not connect.

Return to “Gameplay Help”