Stack inserter speed

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dergonic
Inserter
Inserter

Stack inserter speed

Post by Dergonic »

Hi

I'm currently trying to "design" a way to both unload train the fastest possible and having only FULL blue belt.
And I try to compute how many full blue belts can be unloaded with 24 stack inserter (I try to empty a 1+2 train as fast as possible).

I know a blue belt is 40 item per second. And I know a stack inserter (with all upgrades) can carry 12 items per rotation.

The value I'm missing is : How long does 1 full rotation takes + item deposit on belt (expecting all element is placed on belt without 'jams')
Does anyone have those kind of info ?

fochristo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Stack inserter speed

Post by fochristo »

I don't know the exact value. However, I know that you can compress a blue belt with 4 arms. But be carefull to desyncronize arms because if they reload all at the same time you will find holes on belt.

So for one side of a blue belt, I use to place 1 arm in direct loading and 1 arm in side loading.

For your case in theoritical, I guess you can start with values that you will find here :
https://wiki.factorio.com/Inserters#Rotation_Speed
(12.86 items/s for a maxed stack inserter on a blue belt)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stack inserter speed

Post by eradicator »

Dergonic wrote:And I try to compute how many full blue belts can be unloaded with 24 stack inserter (I try to empty a 1+2 train as fast as possible).
I made a topic about that once: here
eradicator wrote: Q: How fast is a stack inserter?
A: A fully researched stack inserter can transfer 27.7i/s between two chests and 12.2i/s from chest to belt.
There's also a third value for chest-to-splitter which i don't know, you'll have to dig through the thread.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Gameplay Help”