Player logistic request missing items to craft certain item

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Player logistic request missing items to craft certain item

Post by Dellamonikus »

When planning to craft an expensive/complex item by hand, it can get very tedious to enter every single component to the list of character logistic requests, adjust the amount, craft the item and then remove them all again.
Is there a vanilla or modded way to request everything that is needed to craft a selected item?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Player logistic request missing items to craft certain item

Post by DaveMcW »

Place an assembling machine.
Place an inserter.
Place a requester chest.
Shift+Right click the assembling machine.
Shift+Left click the requester chest.

Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Player logistic request missing items to craft certain item

Post by Dellamonikus »

Hey, I've dont that already, but the issue is, that this doesn't take into account which items I do already have for the process.
If I go through the request and put the items that match in the requester chest, my robots will fill my inventory up with items I was partly trying to make use of.
I was hoping for a way that is more like I described it, but if there is no "better" way to do this, this has to suffice.

Edit:
Just tried it once more and the issue is, that it will also not neccessarily request the amount of items that are required to craft the item once, but multiple times, depending of the craft time and speed of the assembly machine.
There is, however, a mod to adjust for which goal time the request chest will request items, but I can't remember the name right now.

Return to “Gameplay Help”