Cannot placepipe between boilers / update-related issue?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Cannot placepipe between boilers / update-related issue?

Post by Quax »

Hi all,
haven't played Factorio for a while. After doing the upgrade yesterday, I found out that the pipes between my boilers where missing??? Attempting to replace them, I discovered I can't. When placing the pipe between two boilers, it turns yellow and cannot be placed.

Judging the fact that the update obviously "killed" parts of my factory - are ther any more issues with the latest release? I haven't had the time to check every single piece of my factory so far for any missing parts ....

Thx
Peter

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cannot placepipe between boilers / update-related issue?

Post by DaveMcW »

Boilers are now 2x3, old saves are broken. You have to tear down all your boilers and build them again.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Wow. You have been gone for a while. Welcome back! Boilers were redone quite some time ago. I hope this doesn't discourage you, the game has gotten better. :mrgreen:
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Thanks .. well no that doesn't discourage me at all :-) I recognized that a lot of things had been replaced, as there was some kind of popup stating what has been changed / replaced.

Return to “Gameplay Help”