Train Stop Question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
BGolden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train Stop Question

Post by BGolden »

Hello,

I have a question about programing train stops. Right now I have 3 stations that my Ammo supply train goes to. What I have programed currently is circuit conditions that trigger the train to travel to all 3 stations even when only one station needs ammo/artillery shells. What I would like is to send the train to a particular station when a particular circuit condition is true and have yet to figure out how to make that happen.

Thanks

Ben

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train Stop Question

Post by Jap2.0 »

The only way I can think of to make that work is giving all the stations the same name, having the train go back and forth between a supply station and the outpost stations, and then leaving your outpost stations disabled unless they need shells.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

BGolden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BGolden »

Ill probably just keep it the way it is then, If I have to enable the outpost when it needs ammo that would defeat the purpose of automation.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

BGolden wrote:Ill probably just keep it the way it is then, If I have to enable the outpost when it needs ammo that would defeat the purpose of automation.
You can do that via circuits, right?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

BGolden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BGolden »

Not that I am aware of, I can prevent items from being pulled of the wagons with wires connected to inserters but I don't think you can tell a train not to go to a station with the network.

Here is my current setup in more detail, I have 3 stations for the ammo supply train (Smelter Ammo, Oil Ammo and West Defense) All three stations put their artillery shell count on the circuit network. I have the artillery counts as signals and not as the artillery itself so they all don't add together. (Smelter is S(#), Oil is O(#) and West defense is W(#)) respectively.

What I would like to do is send the train to a station when its count is less than 10 for example send the train only to West Defense when the signal "W" is less than 10 and then back to Ammo Supply on the main base. What happens currently is that if any of these signals fall below 10 the train will cycle through all 3 stations in the list.
Last edited by BGolden on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

BGolden wrote:Not that I am aware of,
Have an awareness upgrade:
skip.jpg
skip.jpg (131.23 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Trains will skip any deactivatied station when pathing. So instead of sending the ammo signal all the way home, you simple deactivate the station when there's > 10 ammo. As deactivating a station while a train is parked there won't affect the train until it's scheduled departure.

BGolden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BGolden »

Excellent, Thank very much.

Good thing its Saturday, I'm going to be in game all day.

BGolden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BGolden »

Just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestion Jap2.0, I didn't know you could disable the station with the network (thanks eradicator), but the setup based on your suggestion works perfectly.

Return to “Gameplay Help”