Roboports supplying the logistic network? help please

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Cronie
Inserter
Inserter

Roboports supplying the logistic network? help please

Post by Cronie »

OK, it has been about a year since I played last and I am getting back into the game. I am having an issue with a simple blueprint I used to use in 0.12 ... Here is a picture

The requester chest asks for repair packs and the inserter feeds them into the roboport. This used to be fine, but now the roboport is acting like a supply chest, the robots are removing repair packs from the roboports to fulfil the requester chests and the robots are caught in an infinite loop going back and forth. This did not used to be the case, roboports didn't used to supply repair packs like this.

Does anyone know if this is intentional or a glitch? Why are roboports supplying repair packs to the logistic network? Is there anything I can do to stop these robots looping?

Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Roboports supplying the logistic network? help please

Post by Loewchen »

This was never necessary as bots take repair packs themselves from the logistic network. What has changed is, that the packs in the roboports are part of the logistic network now, so this setup is an instant loop.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Cronie wrote:Is there anything I can do to stop these robots looping?
Use a buffer chest instead. And remove the inserter.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Loewchen wrote:This was never necessary as bots take repair packs themselves from the logistic network. What has changed is, that the packs in the roboports are part of the logistic network now, so this setup is an instant loop.
that's weird decision making roboport "supply chest"
i thought it's supposed to be instant storage, so robots don't need to fly around base to find repair pack, usual setup is either to have requester (like op) or assembler, that fills roboport with repair packs.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

mexmer wrote:
Loewchen wrote:This was never necessary as bots take repair packs themselves from the logistic network. What has changed is, that the packs in the roboports are part of the logistic network now, so this setup is an instant loop.
i thought it's supposed to be instant storage, so robots don't need to fly around base to find repair pack, usual setup is either to have requester (like op) or assembler, that fills roboport with repair packs.
I remember one of the devs explaining that the repair pack slots in roboports are supposed to be used for robots to store half-used packs when they come home. Which they can't if an inserter already filled all the slots.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

eradicator wrote:
mexmer wrote:
I remember one of the devs explaining that the repair pack slots in roboports are supposed to be used for robots to store half-used packs when they come home. Which they can't if an inserter already filled all the slots.
hmm, that makes sense.

Return to “Gameplay Help”