[solved] blueprints issue

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
fuinril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[solved] blueprints issue

Post by fuinril »

Hello,

I'm trying to achieve a fully automated factory. I have to specify my game is heavily modded (bob, angel, recursive blueprints, etc...).

For this I have a "control center" in which I define the item I want to be craft, the needed materials to craft it, the area I want it to be craft, the number I want in stock, etc...

So far it's some big pieces of complicated logic but it works very well. However there's one thing I cannot solve : the blueprints.

Originally I wanted to add one chest at the control center for every materials and put the corresponding assembly machine blueprint in it as I read on the recursive blueprint mod page that you can copy a blueprint over a logic network. But it does not really work that way : you CAN copy a blueprint over a logic network ONLY if the chest containing the blueprint is on the same network ID (which is impossible in a multiplex network)...

I'd like to not have to initiate the material crafting line manually, but as assembly machines can not be wired on logic network I need to create a specific blueprint for each material, which is not a big deal.... And then send it to the desired area in the desired deployer chest. But as far as I know it's impossible to identify a specific blueprint over the logic or logistic network.....

If someone has a solution I really would be gratefull ! Be it either via a mod or a completly different approach.... I spent hours designing a complex logic network for my factory to work but I did not test the blueprint copy as I was confident in the mod instructions....
Last edited by fuinril on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: blueprints issue

Post by DaveMcW »

Why not put everything into a single blueprint book, and use construction robot signals to build the correct blueprint?

fuinril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuinril »

Cause there will be several hundreds of blueprints in it and keeping track of the order will be painfully boring.

I'm playing with inserter right now but it does not appear to lead anywhere (there seems to be a slight delay between the read input and the copy, event though both of them are plugged on the same tick of the clock)

fuinril
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuinril »

OK, I sorted it out. My issue was about game tick understanding...

I can be pretty dull at times. The inserter solution works very well...

Inserter is plug in the global network and setup like this : pick at tick 101, continuous read content, put back item in chest

I though I should setup read and copy on the same tick, but neglected that inserter will only send its signal on the next tick. Adding a +1 to the copy signal was the solution

Return to “Gameplay Help”