Underground belt side loading (Belt Madness)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
romlig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Underground belt side loading (Belt Madness)

Post by romlig »

Hello, I thought I should give a try to the belt madness challenges but I got a strange behavior with some underground belt. As a new player I am not sure what should happen exactly. The iron gear and the copper ore are stuck but I don't know why...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Underground belt side loading (Belt Madness)

Post by Loewchen »

Because there is no path onto the underground belt, only the outer side of the corner can enter.

romlig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by romlig »

I didn't know this was required. For all the others, I didn't even think of that. Now that seems obvious. Thank you

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

romlig wrote:I didn't know this was required. For all the others, I didn't even think of that. Now that seems obvious. Thank you
It's one of those things you need to notice, the game doesn't tell you. Ideally you'll go from confused to annoyed to accepting to utilizing to abusing.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I haven't looked at the in game tips in a long while, but this is the sort of thing that they should include. Stuff that isn't essential to play, but which is still useful to know/use.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

You can use this to only put one lane of a belt on another. Then you can load something on the other lane. For example to turn a green circuit belt into red/green

Return to “Gameplay Help”