Transition to main base/bus area

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Transition to main base/bus area

Post by Rylant »

So I generally use RSO to generate resources. My typical start is to create a small starter base/bus with my initial resources. I get red, yellow and military science up and running and get red belts and steel furnaces and power poles. The initial resources are never enough to get my main base and main bus up and running, of course. RSO means I can find abundant resources far my my initial start. So usually, once I get to the point where my starter base has enough materials created to begin my main base, I usually start a journey away from my starter to find a place where I can settle.

Lately, I have been thinking that it might be interesting to build my huge main smelt and bus and base near my initial starting location, however, train in all of the ore to get the process up and running.

So, does everyone else tend to train in resources? Or move to a location where the resources are more common and plant yourself there?

Rylant

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Transition to main base/bus area

Post by Loewchen »

Rylant wrote:So, does everyone else tend to train in resources? Or move to a location where the resources are more common and plant yourself there?
The vast majority does the former. It depends on your settings, but the way I would suspect most people play with RSO, there is no new place to settle that would have all resources close by anyway, so you need trains no matter what.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Also depends on your RSO settings. I like to increase my starting resources a little bit so I don't have to expand immediately.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

So far I only played vanilla, but always had to use trains to ferry in resources. I thought that was standard.

Maybe I just had bad luck with maps.

Return to “Gameplay Help”