Where is this feature? How do I get it?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Where is this feature? How do I get it?

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

For awhile arrows would appear on train tracks when I moused over the locomotive. I can't get it to do that anymore. The arrows used to be about the length of a five car train. I'm using .16 version of the game.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Where is this feature? How do I get it?

Post by HurkWurk »

maybe tap alt so overlays show ?

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I'm getting it again, at least sometimes. Does anyone know what it means when the arrows ahead are yellow or red? They extend forward a long way, much further than I thought at first, but I don't know if they have any use.

Also, I'd like to apologize for anyone that joined my game yesterday for the nuke incident. I haven't played online a lot and I've had an atomic missile and rocket launcher as one of my weapons for a long time with no problems. The only time I'm blindly hitting the tab by accident and switching weapons erroneously is when I'm trying to hit the tilde key to communicate. Just when everyone was around I set off a nuke and killed myself and everyone else. I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional. I think it must have looked planned. That nuke should need you to hit two keys to fire it.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

The colors don't mean anything. (They explicitly aren't related to signals cloors nor are they like traffic lights). They simply show which bits of rail are part of which block.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

The arrows show the train's current path. Red arrows show blocks which the train cannot pass through because of another train.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

It's the path the train has planned to take. Green means the path is clear, red means it's blocked at the moment and yellow... hmm. Was that the reserved part? Can't remember.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Yellow is reserved to train you point. When train proceeds, you can see green changes to yellow when system allocates new block to your train.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I'm not talking about red lines on the track. I'm talking about red arrows on the track ahead of the train when you put the cursor on the train. I just now went on automatic with red arrows ahead of me the whole way a couple of factorio miles. It does not mean the train is blocked. Sometimes the arrows are yellow and it also drives on auto.

In other news I just passed my first 1000 hours of Factorio.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Mauslag PIngman wrote:I'm not talking about red lines on the track. I'm talking about red arrows on the track ahead of the train when you put the cursor on the train.
It means what I said. Arrows are drawn on train's calculaTEDtedute. Red, if that blocks is reserved to another train, green, if it is free (train can stand on chain signal even the next block is green, if later block is reserved), and yellow, if it is reserved to train you point.
I just now went on automatic with red arrows ahead of me the whole way a couple of factorio miles. It does not mean the train is blocked.
You have probably some error in signaling, if there are miles of reserved blocks. There is a train somewhere in next block of train blocks itself.
Sometimes the arrows are yellow and it also drives on auto.
Yes, then yellow route is allocated to your train. Train proceeds only into yellow marked blocks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”