[16.36] Campaign New Hope lvl 4 (again): Steam engines expect water until rebuilt

Things that has been reported already before.
synaps
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.36] Campaign New Hope lvl 4 (again): Steam engines expect water until rebuilt

Post by synaps »

Hi,

I've just started level 4 mission in campaign (the one where objective is to research oil processing). I noticed one strange thing: steam engines are not working. In fact their available performance is 0. I've checked the setup multiple times and using detailed view I can see that there steam engines have steam coming in and they are connected to electrical network. In some walkthrough youtube videos I can definitely see that these engines are running from the very beginning without anything player needs to do. Is this a bug? How can I work around that? Using just solar panels sucks, because everything gets turned off at night.

Here is the screenshot:

Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Campaign level 4. Why doesn't steam engine work here?

Post by Loewchen »

You need to remove and then place them again for it to work.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Loewchen wrote:You need to remove and then place them again for it to work.
The water bug has been fixed, correct? I know it's showed up at a few times in a few places.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The underlying code for steam engines changed multiple times over the patches, but the campaign map was not updated. Those steam engines are broken and have to be replaced. Pollution generation is also broken on the map so you won't get biter attacks.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Loewchen wrote:You need to remove and then place them again for it to work.
The water bug has been fixed, correct? I know it's showed up at a few times in a few places.
It should be fixed since .28 (58066), but it seems all that got fixed was the boiler output not the engine input.
With the campaign rework in 0.17 it might not make sense to fix this, but lets see...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.36] Campaign New Hope lvl 4 (again): Steam engines expect water until rebuilt

Post by Bilka »

Duplicate of 59299
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”