Train ignores circuit penalty when block occupied

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
chunker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train ignores circuit penalty when block occupied

Post by chunker »

If a signal is closed from circuit network, but there is also a train in that block, or the block is reserved, the circuit penalty isn't applied. Not sure if this is a bug or 'working as intended'.

I have a circuit controlled station where only one platform is open at a time. Lets say the first station is open, a train will reserve a path, and that station then gets circuit blocked. The waiting trains ignore the circuit penalty and instead wait until the train has arrived at the station, and applies the 'stopped at station' penalty, before repathing. The same happens when a train is leaving one of the closer stations. Any waiting trains immediately try pathing to that station, until that station's block is empty and they realise it is circuit blocked. The furthest stations tend to be ignored.

In my save the stations on the top show this behaviour, the ones on the bottom i added extra signals so that the trains behave as you would expect.

Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZBm20 ... sp=sharing

They are all going to station 3 when station 4 is open...
The attachment trains2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
trains2.jpg
trains2.jpg (279.15 KiB) Viewed 444 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”