Why is there no path for my train?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nr2117
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Why is there no path for my train?

Post by nr2117 »

I'm including a link for my savegame, but I'll describe it quickly

1: I'm using the FARL mod to lay my rails.
2: It's just a very simple single line, go to A, then go to B, no junctions, no intersections, nothing.
3: It's saying no path. I have tried a single train with a loop, and a double headed train with no loop.

Guys, i've done rail networks before, I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Help?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6zr6f8

will it show you the list of mods when you load the game? I hope it does.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Why is there no path for my train?

Post by bobucles »

Hot tip: A single train on a single track doesn't need any signals. Pull off all the signals and the train will work.

Trains obey signals on the right hand side. Move the rock outpost train station to the bottom left so the train can drive south into it.

Single rails: To make a single rail operate in both directions you must pair up signals by placing them on both sides. After placing one signal a white box will show where the paired signal goes. Generally you don't want ANY signals along a single lane track because signals break up a track to allow multiple trains. A single long track is only ever good for one train. The paired signal only makes sense at spots where the single track crosses or merges with another track.

When you start using multiple trains, switch to a twin-rail highway system. It will make your life much easier.

The general rule of chain signals is get a LOT of them for intersections. Place full signals after the junction, and spam rail signals on every path where one rail crosses another rail in the junction. Place a final chain signal entering the junction. Generally you want rails a few tiles apart so that the chain signals have room to be placed.

nr2117
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Why is there no path for my train?

Post by nr2117 »

thanks a million.

FARL looks like a nice mod but it's too powerful for my intended use.

Return to “Gameplay Help”