Disable "beep beep" sound?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Plawerth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Disable "beep beep" sound?

Post by Plawerth »

Is there some way to turn off the "beep beep" sound that the game periodically makes?

I have played this game for thousands of hours, and I can find nothing that this noise is supposed to be telling me as a sort of notification sound. It's just a semi-random noise that appears to be emitted for no reason, and it is highly annoying and distracting.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Disable "beep beep" sound?

Post by Mr. Tact »

Damn. It seems like I've either experienced this or read about it before but I'll be damned if I can find a post about it or remember what the deal is. Since you said you played for a long time I assume you have double check the normal things like the logistic system complaining about not be able to build something... *grumble* I can sense an idea/thought lurking in my brain but I can't dig it out...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

You have something bots can't do that's within their range. There should be a yellow icon to the right of your toolbelt.

Plawerth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Plawerth »

Okay thanks. So this is "alerts" volume, but will turn off enemy attack alerts too I guess.

I use active providers to stuff items from trains into storage chests until they are overflowing. It works fine that way but of course the storage alert icon will never go away.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Use Passive Providers and Buffer chests, make sure your Requester Chests have the "Request from Buffer Chests" option ticked.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Limit your inserters.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Plawerth wrote:It works fine that way but of course the storage alert icon will never go away.
Type this in the console.

Code: Select all

/alerts disable no_storage

Return to “Gameplay Help”