Copy Chest Contents

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

Copy Chest Contents

Post by theDemolisher13 »

Is there a way to copy the contents of a chest with a blueprint?

gsezz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Copy Chest Contents

Post by gsezz »

You mean so that drones will fill a chest with iron plates, when the blueprinted chest had iron plates in it? - No. Drones can only fill buffer and requester chests based on their network request.
But you can blueprint requester chests with a request, and once they are build and filled you overbuild them with any other chest.

theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

gsezz wrote:You mean so that drones will fill a chest with iron plates, when the blueprinted chest had iron plates in it? - No. Drones can only fill buffer and requester chests based on their network request.
But you can blueprint requester chests with a request, and once they are build and filled you overbuild them with any other chest.
No I'm more or less asking is there a way to get the drones to copy a blueprint/book without player interaction. Kinda like how they are able to produce as much red or green wire as they need for the blueprint.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

There was a Recursive Blueprints mod in Aug 2017. That might be what you want if it has been updated from 0.15.

theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

Greybeard_LXI wrote:There was a Recursive Blueprints mod in Aug 2017. That might be what you want if it has been updated from 0.15.
Why is it every time I list my issue or state an idea people always give me the exact same answer even though it does nothing to resolve my problem!? Sorry for ranting there it's just you're the 30th person to tell me that now. Yes I use that mod already but that mod does nothing to make a literal copy of a blueprint/book. There for making the mod very restrictive on what can and can not be done with it.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Check out ConMan. In addition to what Recursive Blueprints allows, ConMan lets you take a blueprint of a map area. To copy a blueprint, you could use ConMan to place a blueprint somewhere construction bots can't get to it, then capture that same map area.

I think it requires a supply of blank blueprints, so you may need a different mod to add a recipe for that, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

theDemolisher13
Inserter
Inserter

Therax wrote:Check out ConMan. In addition to what Recursive Blueprints allows, ConMan lets you take a blueprint of a map area. To copy a blueprint, you could use ConMan to place a blueprint somewhere construction bots can't get to it, then capture that same map area.

I think it requires a supply of blank blueprints, so you may need a different mod to add a recipe for that, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
Can it copy a blueprint book as that is untimely what I need.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

theDemolisher13 wrote:make a literal copy of a blueprint/book.
Ok, added in Recursive Blueprints 0.16.1.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

theDemolisher13 wrote:
Greybeard_LXI wrote:There was a Recursive Blueprints mod in Aug 2017. That might be what you want if it has been updated from 0.15.
Why is it every time I list my issue or state an idea people always give me the exact same answer even though it does nothing to resolve my problem!? Sorry for ranting there it's just you're the 30th person to tell me that now. Yes I use that mod already but that mod does nothing to make a literal copy of a blueprint/book. There for making the mod very restrictive on what can and can not be done with it.
1. I did not know you already got that answer.
2. I seem to have misunderstood your question.

And yes, I forgive the rant.

Return to “Gameplay Help”