Train suddenly not fueling

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
cgoodnow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train suddenly not fueling

Post by cgoodnow »

I currently have a number of trains running, and up until this evening I didn't have any issues that I was aware of. However twice now my artillery train has run out of fuel- upon closer look, it isn't getting fueled at the station. I routed it to a resource station instead, and it wasn't fueled there either, although the other trains are still being fueled as normal.

I haven't put this in the bugs forum because I didn't notice the game update (I wasn't really paying attention), and its possible it wasn't fueling previously, and I never noticed.

Is there anything special about fueling a train with artillery wagons that I'm missing? A quick forum search turned up train fueling issues but that was almost a year ago, and it was patched.

Thanks

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train suddenly not fueling

Post by Koub »

No, there is not. A copy of your game save would be helpful finding why.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

yes, save file would help. what is the wait condition at the fueling stop?
my guess is the wait condition isn't letting it get fuel.

cgoodnow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cgoodnow »

I'm at work now but I believe the train was set to wait until full. The fueling began working again, but I'm not sure what I changed exactly. I was adding circuit conditions for the resource trains and rerouting several tracks, so I don't know specifically what fixed it. I'll play with it again tonight and see if I can make it happen again...If it does I'll put a save up for you.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

what is the wait condition for unloading? if it has an 'or' time and doesn't unload anything, it can return full to the load stop and not have a chance to refuel.
i had a friend who had a nasty habit of creating that condition. trains running out of fuel left and right. :x

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

You can test if the wait condition is the issue by ticking the train to manual. If the train gets fueled then, simply add a "And time passed = 5 seconds" (or longer if you use coal or solid fuel) condition to wherever you want to refuel your train. This ensures the train will stay put long enough to have some fuel shoved in it. Note that the "Until full cargo" does NOT make a train wait for fuel.
A train that wants to move to the next station but is unable to because there's no path or it's exit is blocked is considered to be "on the move" and inserters are not able to load into it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”