Modded factorio, production issues

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Noriel_Sylvire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Modded factorio, production issues

Post by Noriel_Sylvire »

Hello, fellow polluters!

I am currently playing a modded map with all angel's and bob's mods and a few others. I have infinite ores activated, which makes them infinite but have a yield just like oil.

Long story short, my problem is;
At the beggining I didn't produce enough Iron and produced excess Copper using saphirite due to my poor factory design, now I have a better setup but the yield of my mines are like 60-10 though I use all Miners MK2s so again I don't produce enough to keep up for my red and green science consumption. I must say I'm still used to vanilla factorio ratios and don't quite get the way modded factorio ratios work and still produce little of this, exces of that and have to use burner stacks and warehouses to store excess resources and still don't get the desired result, so I yet havent tried automating anything more complicated than red belts, yellow inserters and yellow logistic tools, among with red and green science, AND I'm concentrating on using only saphirite (for the iron, and I'm almost out of it) and didn't try blue science because I'm afraid I couldn't automate it.

So, for more experienced modded factorio players, could you please give me some tips on processing, storing and using the basic start zone resources?
Or give me some ratios?

Also, this is my last request, would you share with me and other n00bs your factory layout/setup to be able to expand without having it be a complete mess?

Thank you in advance for reading all this and helping! :D

Have a nice day!

Return to “Gameplay Help”