I need help compressing belts

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ETM654
Inserter
Inserter

I need help compressing belts

Post by ETM654 »

It's a mess I know, but you see how the Iron belt is compressed then goes to being dotted along the belts, if anyone could help me so it stays compressed and also goes to where it needs to go the would be perfect!
Attachments
20180311150808_1.jpg
20180311150808_1.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1856 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: I need help compressing belts

Post by Bilka »

You put material from 1 belt onto 2 belts. It is not possible to compress the belt if you dont have enough material to do so. So, input 1 more belt of iron plates.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

That's because you're splitting one line of belts into two, so each can have only 50% of the resources the compressed belt had. In some places, you're spitting it into even more than two belts. In addition to that, your assemblers use iron, so it can't be fully compressed.

You can make it more compressed than it currently is by putting two yellow belts or one red belt into the first splitter, or only having one belt of iron and splitting off (onto a dead-end belt) for each assembler or group of assemblers.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

ETM654
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ETM654 »

Jap2.0 wrote:That's because you're splitting one line of belts into two, so each can have only 50% of the resources the compressed belt had. In some places, you're spitting it into even more than two belts. In addition to that, your assemblers use iron, so it can't be fully compressed.

You can make it more compressed than it currently is by putting two yellow belts or one red belt into the first splitter, or only having one belt of iron and splitting off (onto a dead-end belt) for each assembler or group of assemblers.
I'll try that Thanks

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

ETM654 wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:That's because you're splitting one line of belts into two, so each can have only 50% of the resources the compressed belt had. In some places, you're spitting it into even more than two belts. In addition to that, your assemblers use iron, so it can't be fully compressed.

I'll try that Thanks
No problem.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

One full red belt can feed two yellow belts. One blue belt can feed three yellow belts.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Belt_transport_system

Return to “Gameplay Help”