Changing tree density in .16

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Changing tree density in .16

Post by MalcolmCooks »

I know .16 adds a whole set of new options to change the terrain generation, including trees, but I haven't really taken the time to experiment with exactly how they affect the terrain (I prefer to play stable release). Is it possible to reduce the density of trees in forests without actually making the forests smaller or less frequent? because one of the things that drives me mad about .15 is forests so thick you can hardly walk through them

BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Changing tree density in .16

Post by BlackHat »

There is a great mod called tree_collision_0.4.1 that takes care of that problem in 0.15.

It reduces the size of the collision box on trees. You can still get stuck occasionally, (maybe 2%?) but going through forest on foot is much easier.

The down side is the same effect applies to the bitters. they can also slip through the trees just as easily.
But that is a small price to pay. ;)

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Changing tree density in .16

Post by bripi »

Toggling the settings in the "Terrain" menu has a significant effect on the density of trees. I normally go with "Very Low" and "Small" settings, and have hardly ever encountered the dreaded impassible forest. In fact, not once! Try experimenting with it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”