HALP I ACCIDENTALLY A BLUEPRINT BOOK FROM MY LIBRARY WHAT DO

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Eddie the Jedi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

HALP I ACCIDENTALLY A BLUEPRINT BOOK FROM MY LIBRARY WHAT DO

Post by Eddie the Jedi »

I meant to delete a blueprint, but deleted the blueprint book instead. Woe and sadness.

I have Steam sync enabled for Factorio (on Windows), and I'm hoping that some sequence of disabling Steam sync/hard-killing Factorio/hard-killing Steam/re-enabling Steam sync will bring my blueprint book back to me. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, please tell me how. I'm sure I could work it out for myself given enough time, but AFAICT I won't get more than one chance at this.

Thanks in advance!

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: HALP I ACCIDENTALLY A BLUEPRINT BOOK FROM MY LIBRARY WHAT DO

Post by dog80 »

Try loading a save where u might have it still in the player inventory

Eddie the Jedi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eddie the Jedi »

No, none of my saves have the blueprint book in the player inventory.

Eddie the Jedi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eddie the Jedi »

Well, I figured it out, kinda. The easy way to prevent anything from being uploaded to Steam sync is to disconnect the network before exiting the game, and then exit Steam right afterward. After that, I renamed my Factorio user data folder, then reconnected the network and ran Factorio again. Et voila, Steam sync re-downloaded everything as it was before!

Unfortunately, it seems that Factorio only uses Steam sync for saved games, not for the blueprint library, mods, or configuration, so the book is just gone. Hopefully my tale of woe will be helpful to someone else who accidentally a saved game.

Return to “Gameplay Help”