Struggling to achieve desired result displaying belt t/put

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ashleyhowell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Struggling to achieve desired result displaying belt t/put

Post by ashleyhowell »

Hi there, so what i am trying to achieve is to have a set of nixie tubes display my belt throughput however i would like the display to only update once per second.

I have a circuit setup which reads the belt throughput over an average time period and outputs it to the nixie tube display and want to eradicate the glitchy effect of it updating every tick and i must be pretty close to getting it right but am just missing something. I have read and watched a lot of content trying to achieve this for 2 evenings but its driving me mad now. I have managed to output the indication for 1 tick out of every 60 and the part i can't solve is making that 1 tick signal hold until it receives it again. I'm hoping i can alter it so that perhaps it indicates the signalled throughput for 40 ticks and goes blank for 20, or that i can play with the settings to find a desired timing.

Can anyone help even if just to point me to a tutorial that can fill in the blank... ?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Struggling to achieve desired result displaying belt t/put

Post by DaveMcW »

Here is a 40 tick memory cell. Note the wire connecting both ends together. T is the timer signal, C is the item count.
60-tick-memory.png
60-tick-memory.png (16.24 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Last edited by DaveMcW on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

ashleyhowell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ashleyhowell »

Thanks for the quick response Dave !

That's interesting, i've actually made it work by inventing a long winded method myself just now, i haven't touched that particular setting on the decider so i look forwards to experimenting with that and hopefully condensing my elaborate design down... :)

TheOnefinn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheOnefinn »

845CD350-8394-4674-917B-3E2EE950B3CE.jpeg
845CD350-8394-4674-917B-3E2EE950B3CE.jpeg (95.12 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
This is what I use, it gives a running average over the interval specified, in the example here 60 ticks means it shows the items per second averaged over a second. If you wanted items per minute averaged over a minute then change all the 60s to 3600s.

If you want to average over a different interval to the one your displaying in (eg you want items per second averaged over 10 secs) set the input scale and feedback decal scale ariths to 600 (10 seconds in ticks) and set the output scale to each /6000 so that you divide by the extra 10 to go from items per 10 seconds to items per second.

ashleyhowell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ashleyhowell »

TheOnefinn wrote:
845CD350-8394-4674-917B-3E2EE950B3CE.jpeg
This is what I use, it gives a running average over the interval specified, in the example here 60 ticks means it shows the items per second averaged over a second. If you wanted items per minute averaged over a minute then change all the 60s to 3600s.

If you want to average over a different interval to the one your displaying in (eg you want items per second averaged over 10 secs) set the input scale and feedback decal scale ariths to 600 (10 seconds in ticks) and set the output scale to each /6000 so that you divide by the extra 10 to go from items per 10 seconds to items per second.

Thanks for that response, it's hard to find a description of these things broken down into basic English. I had a similar one built but wasn't perfect and following this gives perfect results... :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”