Having a bit of trouble with the curcuit network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MFJE5233
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Having a bit of trouble with the curcuit network

Post by MFJE5233 »

I have an idea that i cant quite seem to get rolling properly. I wish to make a gauge hooked up to a storage tank so i can have a lit gauge to tell how much i have at one time throughout my base. Anyone willing or have helpful tips?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Having a bit of trouble with the curcuit network

Post by eradicator »

Place down x lamps, connect them all directly to the tank that you want to measure. Then set each lamp to "fluid > n" where n gets larger for each lamp?

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Or make a semi universal gauge:
Math combinator that divides the measured value by the maximum divided by 100 (creating a percentage based output), and output that to say, X. Then any number of lights (I prefer 5 but you could easily do more) in incremental steps. So "X>0" for the first light, "X>20" for the second and so on.
You can plop such a gauge down anywhere and set the math combinator one and have the measurement that way. I'd set the default to 250 so that you can hook em up to any fluid tank for a quick readout.

MFJE5233
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MFJE5233 »

Ok so ive been trying to do this for the past like hour and still havnt gotten anywhere with it. Im not even sure im doing this right. I used both combinators on different units and im just having troubke with it still

Return to “Gameplay Help”