Help with current bottle neck, please!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
diemate133
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Help with current bottle neck, please!

Post by diemate133 »

I have bots do most, if not all, of my crafting and i'm having an issue with the charging of all the bots. This is not an energy issue, i just have a large amount of logistics robots. The only way i can think of solving this issue is to greatly increase the amount of roboports that i currently have, but that would require a large amount of space and remodeling, so i was hoping that someone could provide away to fix this issue without just adding more roboports.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Help with current bottle neck, please!

Post by Gergely »

There is no other way. If you are going to build a robot-heavy base, you HAVE to build a lot of roboports. That is the only solution that I can think of. Robots would be pretty much overpowered if there was another solution. Researching logistic robot speed does not decrease the energy/distance ratio. I recommend using more belts.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Robots are still pretty overpowered ;) yeah, you have to plan for a crapton of roboports.

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PurpleYouko »

get nuclear robots then you don't need to recharge them at all... EVER

As if bots weren't OP enough already

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

PurpleYouko wrote:get nuclear robots then you don't need to recharge them at all... EVER
As if bots weren't OP enough already
or, any of a dozen roboport mods that charge faster/allow for dedicated charging/etc

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Just as a side note: Bob's Mods allows you to upgrade Roboports, so that they can charge faster. These upgraded roboports also have a larger range.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

Gergely wrote:Researching logistic robot speed does not decrease the energy/distance ratio.
Woah, really? So they burn more energy per second flying as they get faster?

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

AngledLuffa wrote:
Gergely wrote:Researching logistic robot speed does not decrease the energy/distance ratio.
Woah, really? So they burn more energy per second flying as they get faster?
Robots have a static energy used per second that is counted on top of energy per distance. If they are faster, they will still take the same amount of energy in the distance portion (same distance same energy), but if they spend less time in the air so don't lose as much energy to static drain.

Base robots are 3KW drain and 5KJ per tile with a max energy of 1.5MJ. They go to charge at 20% power, so that's 1200KJ of power available for a trip. Would be 240 tiles minus 3 for every five seconds they are in the air. I think the base speed is 3.6 tiles per second, for a usage of 18KW, so the base drain is about 1/7th of the loss of a moving robot, so there is a limit of about a 15% boost in energy efficiency from robot speed as the speed approaches infinite.

Return to “Gameplay Help”