Blueprints disappear into the ether

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprints disappear into the ether

Post by garath »

Are there any tips you can offer for disappearing blueprint books?

I started a game with a blueprint book containing a dozen blueprints. Then, in the process of playing the game, I noticed the blueprint book had completely disappeared. I tried loading multiple save games but could not find it. Very frustrating!

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints disappear into the ether

Post by Zavian »

Game version? Mods? In particular did you remove or update any mods around the time the blueprints disappeared?

Blueprints are stored in blueprint.dat. I think only the blueprints that are actually in your inventory/toolbar/chests are stored as part of the savegame.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Thank you for the file name for the blue prints.

The very confusing part about blue prints is it doesn’t seem very well documented how it is supposed to work. So, it is just a lot of trial and error.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

It sometimes happens to me that I accidentially put a blue print into a chest or in my logistic waste slot. It's a pain finding it again...

If you find the blueprints in the file (blueprint.dat), it has to be somewhere in the game. Worst case: droped to the gras.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Was playing yesterday and a blueprint book in my library vanished. If I ever learn to mod, I guess I will create a blueprint backup utility.

redredgreengreen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by redredgreengreen »

Don't mean to necro this thread, but I recently lost my blueprint book. Wound up in the grass, but I did not know that and thought is just disapeared. Figured out I could use a destruction planner whitelisted to only destruct "items on the ground" as that is a setting in the 5th tab. Lasso'd my whole base, found my book. Game is fairly stable nowadays, so losing stuff from bugs or whatnot is rarer, so anyone with this problem these days should try this.

Return to “Gameplay Help”