Can someone help with this stacker problem?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Antun789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can someone help with this stacker problem?

Post by Antun789 »

I have a train stacker issue. On the below screenshot you can see the copper train decided to choose the path already occupied by the iron train. This problem only happens every once in a while. 95% of the time the trains behave correctly here, they choose free stacker lanes. All lanes on the stacker are signalled the same way. This same problem occurs on many different stackers on this map, even though those stackers are somewhat different in shape and size.
stacker_problem.jpg
stacker_problem.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1438 times
Anyway, it's kind of annyoing, because this train blocks all incoming traffic until the train in front of it decides to exit the stacker. If it takes too long, the train queue will be so long it will reach the exit and deadlock.

Is this a known issue? Is it a bug? Is there any workaround? Currently I have circuit logic set up there to alert me if that signal has been red for longer than 10 seconds, and then I click the train and send it to that train stop to the right for just a second, after which it will choose a correct lane by itself. It is not an automated solution though and this keeps happening every 5-10 minutes randomly.

Cleany
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can someone help with this stacker problem?

Post by Cleany »

This happens to me a lot. I have 3 groups of 3 x 6 or 7 stackers, and it seems to happen for no reason.

+1 !

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Antun789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Antun789 »

Very nice! Thanks, Zavian. There are several workarounds posted in that thread, I used this one and it worked. Nice to see my factory fully automated now. :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”