Items pulled only from one side of belt

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MichaelG7355
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Items pulled only from one side of belt

Post by MichaelG7355 »

I have a question about creating items on belts. If I create the same item on both sides of the same belt then setup a situation where that items is used in production it seems that the item is only being pulled from one side of the belt instead of both creating a lop-sided use of materials where the other half of the belt remains completely unused. Can someone explain to me how to create a situation where I can get even distribution of my created products when producing other products. It would be helpful if the reply would include a graphic if possible as I am more of a visual learner.

Thanks,
Michael :D

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Items pulled only from one side of belt

Post by Xtrafresh »

look for side balancer or lane balancer, and you'll have all you need :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

And one more little bit of information:
Those inserters who place stuff on a belt will always only put stuff on the opposite side of the belt, never on the closer side.

With inserters who grabstuff from the belt, its differently. They prefer to take stuff from the opposite side, but will start to take things from the closer side aswell, as soon as the other side does not contain the item they want to grab.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Zool wrote:With inserters who grabstuff from the belt, its differently. They prefer to take stuff from the opposite side, but will start to take things from the closer side aswell, as soon as the other side does not contain the item they want to grab.
Quite opposite. Inserters take stuff from closest lane first and will take from farthest if closest is empty.

Caine
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Caine »

It also helps to draw items from both sides of a belt by building factories on both sides. Balanced by design.

Return to “Gameplay Help”