How get robots go to the nearest Chest for uploading?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How get robots go to the nearest Chest for uploading?

Post by FritzHugo3 »

He Guy's.

Every time, I build the yellow Chest near the place hwo i use the red robot tool the robots come debuild the objects and goes fu**ing 50 billions blocks away for the chest (becourse in this far, far away chest is one of the same objekt too).

Is it realy the only way to put every time one same object in the nearest chest? What can't i see? Are I to stupid to understand this mechanik or... Thats soo mega frustrated.

Please if anybody have an idear, please tell me and thank you. (sorry for the bad english)

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: How get robots go to the nearest Chest for uploading?

Post by batorfly »

There is one workaround i can think of now. Always build storage chest > inserter > passive chest. So Storage chests are always empty, and bots just prioritize nearest. Not the ones with items.

Monara
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Monara »

I think they will prioritize empty chests based on build order, not distance.

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by batorfly »

Monara wrote:I think they will prioritize empty chests based on build order, not distance.
You mean, if you place two empty storage chests, even quite far from each other, for instance, construction bot with wood, or logistic with something from active provider, will prioritize chest placed earlier far far away, even if there is second storage chest near?

Nope Nope Nope, No way. I'm going to check that, but this is impossible. I love bots, and i play every time with them, but i have never seen such a behavior.

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by m44v »

Bots will also prioritise chest that already have the item, so you can prim a chest with some iron and the bots will put iron in that chest (assuming that there're no other chests with iron). Is not a great solution but there's that.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

batorfly wrote:There is one workaround i can think of now. Always build storage chest > inserter > passive chest. So Storage chests are always empty, and bots just prioritize nearest. Not the ones with items.

Yes, thank you, maybe its realy the only think that work. (or make shorter second network but this is stupid too. I think i will do it like you)

(I realy hate the mechanic of this in the game and why we cant plan flying routs? Always the fly over the alians and die ^^ because the chest 10 blocks away is not so funny that the chest 1500 blocks away over the enemy bases yeahr its fun! ^^ )

Thank you all.
Last edited by FritzHugo3 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

You could also not have logistic networks that are tens of thousands of squares wide ;)

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by batorfly »

5thHorseman wrote:You could also not have logistic networks that are tens of thousands of squares wide ;)
But that is also logistic challenge to build and manage proper, somewhat optimal big logistic network :D But... most of the time it's just "brainless" build XD

I have evil concept. Place every roboport just barely away from connecting to next (i'm thinking, maybe mk3 from bobmods, with vanilla maybe one network- 4 roboports) and every material will be transported beetwen networks with requester-inserter-provider, or other combination with chests- buffers, storage, active, depending on the needs. And repeat chunk, after chunk xD
I think heavy circuitry will be involved.

Oh yea, i will do it for sure someday, and upload screen shots.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

5thHorseman wrote:You could also not have logistic networks that are tens of thousands of squares wide ;)
image54.jpg
image54.jpg (268.82 KiB) Viewed 4287 times
shure you can, i only use the build-robots i build one think and the rest is robot job! (but this are only 35 robo-Stations but its early game now. It will come bigger ;-))

Return to “Gameplay Help”