[0.16.16] How to specify a specific instance of a train stop

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.16] How to specify a specific instance of a train stop

Post by AngledLuffa »

I have multiple artillery outposts, unimaginatively named "Remote Artillery". They all have the same name so they all get shipments from the same artillery depot. One of them needs repair, and I would love to do that by hopping in a train and going to the train stop in question, but I don't know of any way to specify that particular outpost. Instead, I put in the name of a nearby train stop with a unique name.

Is there a way around this?

It might be interesting to be able to give train stops multiple names or to put multiple train stops at the same track location as way to get around it.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] How to specify a specific instance of a train stop

Post by SpeedDaemon »

I always build separate, dedicated passenger stops at outposts I want to ride a train to, and have a dedicated train for it. You don't want to accidentally leave a train at a "production" stop and clog up your rail system. My blueprints for mines and stuff have them built in.

Just build a train consisting of two engines facing opposite directions, and you can squeeze in little stops all over the place. You can pre-populate the train's schedule with all of your passenger stops, and set the depart conditions to some random cargo > 1 to make sure it never leaves. Then just hop in, select your stop, and hit go. Now that you can get to the train interface from anywhere, you can also call it back to your current location.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Also, there will be a feature in 0.17 where you can tell your train to go to a certain location on the map.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

That feature sounds amazing. Do you mean the next large release or the next small release?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

AngledLuffa wrote:That feature sounds amazing. Do you mean the next large release or the next small release?
Wow, the next release is 16.17 :lol: .
No, it'll be in 0.17.0.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Cyborg3201
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyborg3201 »

disable all other train stations by setting logistic value to something that is not true (or set a signal wire when train is stopped there)
so the only "White" allowed station is where you go to

Return to “Gameplay Help”