Circuit network tick speed changed??

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
gHoST INFERNO
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Circuit network tick speed changed??

Post by gHoST INFERNO »

Hey,

Am I somehow confused or did the speed of ticks for the circuit network change from 30 to 60 per second? I was just playing in 0.16.16 and built a timer supposed to measure 200 seconds, i.e. 200*30=6000 ticks, but it ran at double the speed. I then started searching around and also checked the wiki, but that one still mentions that there are only 30 ticks per second for the circuit network. For my own sanity I then rebuilt a timer exactly as described there and it again ran at twice the speed. Did I somehow miss this change in the changelog for 0.16.x?

Thanks!
Last edited by gHoST INFERNO on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Circuit network tick speed changed??

Post by golfmiketango »

Pretty sure it was always 60. Anyhow it is now.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Whatever wiki you're reading is wrong. Factorio has always™ used 60 ticks per second.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

gHoST INFERNO
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gHoST INFERNO »

Ok.. I must have been confused then. For some reason I thought combinators ran at half the speed in terms of how often the state of the networks advance, but I guess not ..

Return to “Gameplay Help”