Rail signaling help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
NickTTD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rail signaling help

Post by NickTTD »

Hey, I got this little cross here and I dont really know how to place the signals so the trains dont crash, can somebody send me a pic of this signaled? TY.
Attachments
railcross.png
railcross.png (568.98 KiB) Viewed 962 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rail signaling help

Post by Loewchen »

With this setup, the two horizontal tracks will not be independent at the crossing because there is no space to fit a signal on the vertical track in between. Generally no one can tell you how to signal this properly because it is not obvious in what direction you want the trains to go.
I suggest the ingame tutorial or simply looking up some youtube videos.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Here is a forum rail signal tutorial viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18621

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

NickTTD wrote:Hey, I got this little cross here and I dont really know how to place the signals so the trains dont crash, can somebody send me a pic of this signaled? TY.
I believe this is only signalable if your trains drive on the right; there is no room in-between the tracks for left-hand-drive signalling. Also, what everybody else said.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Chain signal before the crossing. Normal signal after. A chain signal causes a train to wait until it can leave the next block. Meaning it won't enter the junction unless it can clear it.

As said you need to leave some space between the tracks (2-3 rails worth of it) to fit signals inside junctions. Even if your regular signals for blocks go on the outside.
If you place them with 3 tracks space between them, you can place a large power pole + laser turrets inside. But 2 wide works too

Also, generally you should avoid crossings like that and also proper 4-way junctions. T-junctions places a train length apart are better

Return to “Gameplay Help”