Tips, Designs, & Tricks

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Tips, Designs, & Tricks

Post by Aru »

Patric20878 wrote:And the two backup systems can coexist in the form of 2 sets of 2 small pumps each row, which would be able to both detect coal shortages, activating the water tanks, and be able to backup a primary power source. Both backup systems are useful, but optional.
You could also use a combinator.

Patric20878
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patric20878 »

So that was the way to combine them! Did seem like some logic would be possible to combine the 2 binaries.

Looks like that's new to 0.12 eh.
Tekkit Classic expert and admin of the Tekkit Classic Wikia specializing in factory and frame gunship engineering, creator of the Optimized Steam Engine Setup, and a huge fan of Touhou. My TC designs may be found at https://imgur.com/a/IT0Ya.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

What about tips for controls? I remember finding helpful things on reddit which either weren't shown in the game, or weren't explained well or easily obtainable. One had something to do with detonators or explosives (I think), first was how to use them (which I didn't easily find in the game), and second that you have to hold down whatever mouse button/key rather than tap it (which is probably why I couldn't figure it out on my own). I'm sure I'll run into more situations as I use more functions, but some clicking schemes were confusing and/or not easily recognized.

Some handy things I've done are related to control binds. Everything else took substantial time to get used to and I preferred defaults for when I had questions, but over time, I still found some changes were welcomed.
Changing the enter/exit vehicle from ENTER to a mouse button, like mouse4, made frequent vehicle use much more organic since I rarely (I doubt others do) move my hand from the WASD area when in a movement mindset.
Changing the next weapon key from Q (I think it was) to a mouse button helped with many frustrating situations of clearing my cursor and simultaneously switching weapons while in a vehicle.

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

Jon8RFC wrote:-snip-
Game controls aren't really tricks or tips, they're a part of the game in a way that isn't widely customized. Not to mention that not everyone is going to have access to customizable buttons, i.e. a mouse with more than a left and right click or macro keys. The idea behind this thread is to share ideas that anyone can do with the base game

rave_fox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rave_fox »

nice

naruto1512
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by naruto1512 »

Skellitor301 wrote:
Jon8RFC wrote:-snip-
Game controls aren't really tricks or tips, they're a part of the game in a way that isn't widely customized. Not to mention that not everyone is going to have access to customizable buttons, i.e. a mouse with more than a left and right click or macro keys. The idea behind this thread is to share ideas that anyone can do with the base game
Yes, I agree with this opinion. Given the option to customize your buttons, I also don't think there is a need to enhance it further, since everyone can freely customize as they want
If you have time, please take a look at my skin care product: collagen adiva

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ingress »

Ok here is a question for you. say 2 items require the same materials to make like Chem plants and pump jacks (don't know if they are exact) but is there a way to wire up a system to read the items in a (one) chest and have the assembly machine switch from making one item to make a different item if the conditions are not met in the chest for? I ran across this last night but didn't have the slightest idea or if it is even possible. The only thinh I could think of was a logic system but that is the one system I have not messed with yet. Let me know please.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Ingress wrote:Ok here is a question for you. say 2 items require the same materials to make like Chem plants and pump jacks (don't know if they are exact) but is there a way to wire up a system to read the items in a (one) chest and have the assembly machine switch from making one item to make a different item if the conditions are not met in the chest for? I ran across this last night but didn't have the slightest idea or if it is even possible. The only thinh I could think of was a logic system but that is the one system I have not messed with yet. Let me know please.
There is no possibility now to switch recipe automaticly on any assembling machine (assembler, chem plant etc). This topic was heavily discussed with devs and there is no stable solution to it as you can't deal with material leftover already loaded into machine. If you switch recipe manually leftover goes into your inventory.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

How can I do the same thing that in "Easy wired logistic set up"?
I mean - how to automatically connect wires to all manipulators? Shift+left/right click does not work in 0.15.33

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

Unless you got a blueprint, I dont think there's an automatic way to set up wires. You'll have to wire everything up yourself.

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

Hey guys, just as a heads up I'm back up and running mostly, partially why I haven't been too active. I do still get the updates so if there are more tips and designs you'd like to share then feel free, I am capable once more to update the parent post.

Return to “Gameplay Help”