Two way train Fluid wagon

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Heitorfm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Two way train Fluid wagon

Post by Heitorfm »

Hi all,

I´m tryind to assemble a two way train with one fluid wagon, but its not working. I have two locomotives, and the train stations are in the right place.
I have two rules:
1: go to petrol repository when empty
2: go to base when petrol = 75000

And they both work, but only when i delete one of then.When i have both of then the train doenst move.

Regards
Heitor

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Two way train Fluid wagon

Post by impetus maximus »

welcome to the forums.
you want game play help, not bug reports.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

A few things:
  • -Are you using a loop, or do you have the engines facing opposite ways (both work, it'll just help with troubleshooting)?
    -Does the train say "no path"?
    -Is your train stuck at a red signal (perhaps blocking itself)?
    -Have you completed the train tutorials?
    -Can you please post some pictures or a save or something, and either get this moved to gameplay help [edit: done] (I'm not insulting your train skills, just chances are that you made a minor mistake somewhere, or else we'd've probably noticed a bug by now) or comply with this?
Thanks!
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Heitorfm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Heitorfm »

This the fisrt station called 'base':
base1.png
base1.png (487.45 KiB) Viewed 2712 times

This is the second station called 'petro':
petro.png
petro.png (312.05 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
This is my fisrt rule:
rules1.png
rules1.png (195.81 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
The second:
rules2.png
rules2.png (209.96 KiB) Viewed 2712 times

And the train only moves when i delete one of then.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

if base is your unloading point, it looks like you need to switch the conditions, they are what determine the train leaving, not arriving.

Heitorfm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Heitorfm »

OWWWWW !!!

Yep, its all working now. I was thinking that teh rule was 'go there, when condition is satisfied' but, is the oposite: 'dont go there until condition is satisfied'.
Thats why i was so sure that this was a bug.

I still think that 'go when true' is more intuitive, but,
Anyways, thank you all for the help !!!

Regards
Heitor

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Also be aware that checking the fluid level will round the level before comparison. Better to use the full/empty condition or combine the two.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

The condition on a station is a LEAVING condition. So the train will stay at selected station UNTIL the condition is satisfied. There is NO WAY CURRENTLY to set up condition for visiting selected stations (or bypass them in the list) and choose a station in the list based on condition.

Also regarding fluids - you should try to avoid using strict marginal conditions like "=0" or "=75000" if you are not mixing liquids and use single liquid per train. In some edge cases due to rounding problems they might fail so using "<1" and ">74999" instead would prevent that from happening.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

PacifyerGrey wrote:The condition on a station is a LEAVING condition. So the train will stay at selected station UNTIL the condition is satisfied. There is NO WAY CURRENTLY to set up condition for visiting selected stations (or bypass them in the list) and choose a station in the list based on condition.

Also regarding fluids - you should try to avoid using strict marginal conditions like "=0" or "=75000" if you are not mixing liquids and use single liquid per train. In some edge cases due to rounding problems they might fail so using "<1" and ">74999" instead would prevent that from happening.
Had no problems with any floating point errors when using the Fluid wagon myself, so I'd say the OP probably doesn't have to worry about this unless they see it suddenly stop working with apparent explanation.
Edit: I should mention that I use the 'when empty' and 'when full' conditions instead of '='.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Frightning wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:The condition on a station is a LEAVING condition. So the train will stay at selected station UNTIL the condition is satisfied. There is NO WAY CURRENTLY to set up condition for visiting selected stations (or bypass them in the list) and choose a station in the list based on condition.

Had no problems with any floating point errors when using the Fluid wagon myself, so I'd say the OP probably doesn't have to worry about this unless they see it suddenly stop working with apparent explanation.
Edit: I should mention that I use the 'when empty' and 'when full' conditions instead of '='.
And those do not round. to integer.

Return to “Gameplay Help”