Train network issue (basic)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train network issue (basic)

Post by swasko »

Hi,

i have a very basic train station issue. The save file can be downloaded here: http://we.tl/uCErsIrXSO.

The issue is with the train in TOGIS. It needs to go to HILLOMUNKI (south) but is has the "no path error". Am i doing stupid or am i just not getting the signal logic.. Not sure, as far as i see it, i have consistent 'blocks'. I know it's a very basic setup, loops allowing it to make a circle would be better, but i still want to know why this is not working. The other train, waiting just east of togis runs fine though

Tnx for anybody taking the time to help this noob

DanielHall15
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Train network issue (basic)

Post by DanielHall15 »

Without looking at the save, do you have a train passing a signal on its left side (so the signal goes the opposite direction), without a signal on its right side on the same spot on a piece of rail that is used in either way?

That just derailed my game pretty good...

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

I tried to make this work, but couldn't. It looks like it's related to this bug.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

I spotted the problem straight away, then dismissed it as 'that can't be it', looked for 15 more minutes to realize it was the problem: In the final corner before the south station, the signal is placed on the inside of the curve, and it's not working. Remove it, place it next to the straight rails a bit to the north, and it works :)

[edit] also, there's a signal hidden 7 blocks to the north of that corner, behind a tree, which prevents the train from going up north again. Should remove that one as well.

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

Turtle wrote:I tried to make this work, but couldn't. It looks like it's related to this bug.
That's not a bug, they have the station on the wrong side.

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

Thanks for all your help & efforts.. Jeroon was on the money, although i found them myself by that time: i quickly found the one that was not on the straight line, but that hidden one behind the tree really had me going crazy until i found it :-)

Love the community on this game, tnx for your patience!

Return to “Gameplay Help”