Help with one shot requester chest values

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Help with one shot requester chest values

Post by Rue99 »

Good evening all. A circuit newbie here, confess to being baffled by what I originally thought would be a simple challenge.

I'm using mid-game mining - mines into passive providers, then laying down a loading station blueprint. I thought it would be lovely to be able to use circuits to automagically set the requester chest values to (say) 20k Sapharite based on what's actually being mined. That's actually simple to do - I set up a bunch of decider combinators, and it works very nicely. However, if I then deliver coal to the site, my circuit proceeds to detect that and sets the requester chests to 20k coal + 20k (say) Sapharite. Obviously I can just remove coal from the logic, but I was wondering if I'm overthinking this. Is there a straightforward way to simply latch the requester values? I've cudgeled my admittedly meager brains studying S-R latches and memory cells to no avail.

Any thoughts from wiser heads than mine?

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help with one shot requester chest values

Post by quyxkh »

You can do the autodetect with just two combinators total, put a feedback wire in your detector and cut its input wire once it's set, Each>0⇒1 Each outputting to itself and to an Each×600⇒Each outputting to all your requester chests for filter setting. But really, I think easiest and best is almost always to have a constant combinator wired to all the requesters in the blueprint and set the filters there yourself during setup.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help with one shot requester chest values

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to gameplay help
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”