Odd graphic glitch

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Odd graphic glitch

Post by Mr. Tact »

So, anyone know caused this to happen? Appears to be "saved" in the game, a restart did not clear it. It is totally inconsequential, just curious...

Also, I seem to have broken Long Reach in my game somehow. It was working, and suddenly stopped for reasons unknown to me. Deleting and reinstalling did not fix it. Anyone know what might be going on there?

odd graphic.jpg
odd graphic.jpg (66.61 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

silenced
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Odd graphic glitch

Post by silenced »

For long reach: go into the mod-options in your game, change the range from 125 to 126 -> apply -> should be working again.

Sometimes adding mods performs a reset on long reach settings to not be applied.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

That's not a glitch, those are clay bricks (modded) on the ground! You can pick them up with landfill or similar, just like concrete.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Bilka wrote:That's not a glitch, those are clay bricks (modded) on the ground! You can pick them up with landfill or similar, just like concrete.
Ah, cool. Actually, it occurred to me it might be items on the ground and I was making clay bricks in the area, but my "pickup items on the ground" key didn't work. It didn't occur to me it might be a ground tile. Thanks.
silenced wrote:For long reach: go into the mod-options in your game, change the range from 125 to 126 -> apply -> should be working again.

Sometimes adding mods performs a reset on long reach settings to not be applied.
Awesome, this worked. Thanks.

Factorio community comes through again. Appreciate it guys!
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Bilka wrote:That's not a glitch, those are clay bricks (modded) on the ground! You can pick them up with landfill or similar, just like concrete.
Wait, placing landfill removes the concrete? That's so much faster! Does it give you the item back?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Wait, placing landfill removes the concrete? That's so much faster! Does it give you the item back?
You get the clay bricks back, yes. Pretty sure that's a feature of the landfill painting mod though, but I assume the op is playing seablock so they are using it.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Bilka wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
You get the clay bricks back, yes. Pretty sure that's a feature of the landfill painting mod though, but I assume the op is playing seablock so they are using it.
Okay, I'll have to check that mod out.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”