[Youtube] My Tutorial for new players (English & German)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Seeeno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Youtube] My Tutorial for new players (English & German)

Post by Seeeno »

First: Hi, thanks for clicking on my Thread :)

My Name is SeeNo (well, ofc that's not my actual name^^)

After I fell in love with factorio and kept learning and learning new things after hours and hours of gameplay I thought that some of the features in the game are very hard to guess for new players and are not covered anywhere in the game itself.
I've put together a small tutorial showing those "hidden" mechanics, like the "undergroundbelt bug / trick"

I'd love some feedback and if you think those tutorials are worth sharing and you have friends that play factorio I would feel honoured if you share my videos with them :)

English Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyI4PKo4_Mc

German Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31VrlZzAfY

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Youtube] My Tutorial for new players (English & German)

Post by eradicator »

Using underground belts for lane splitting can be done with "half" and underground belt. Just place it down and press R to invert the flow direction. It's a technique used in many balancers and officially approved feature.
Boilers can also be "chained".

As for the actual usefulness of the other stuff for newbies...i'm too far down the rabbit hole to judge that. You might want to focus on either "hidden mechanics" OR "useful layouts" (like the self-powered burner drill row blueprint) though. Also take a look at the hotkey menu, there's many things that most people don't know there.

Also...nitpicking but this doesn't really fit my definition of a "tutorial", more of a collection of tips&tricks?

I'm randomly assuming that this was just supposed to be the first of a series here though. So...if not, then...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Gameplay Help”