Need help finding a particular 8x8 balancer

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jetrees
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Need help finding a particular 8x8 balancer

Post by jetrees »

I am looking for an 8x8 balancer that will use items from each side of every input belt regardless of how the output is pulled.

I found this 4x4 one https://i.imgur.com/hbBV6m2.gifv some time ago and I haven't had much need for anything larger until recently but I would like to accomplish what is happening in this image but with 8 in and 8 out instead of 4.

I have a lot of hours in the game but there is a lot that I still don't understand completely. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need help finding a particular 8x8 balancer

Post by Jap2.0 »

Where did you find the original?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

jetrees
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetrees »

I stumbled across it a while back on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... balancers/

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

This should do the trick. Fair warning - due to internal splitter mechanics, the wider the balancer, the more likely that you'll see variations in how the stuff is pulled, depending on which lanes are outputting. But this is about at good as it gets without resorting to complicated circuit mechanics.

Blueprint

jetrees
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetrees »

[quote="Mehve"]This should do the trick. Fair warning - due to internal splitter mechanics, the wider the balancer, the more likely that you'll see variations in how the stuff is pulled, depending on which lanes are outputting. But this is about at good as it gets without resorting to complicated circuit mechanics.

Thanks so much! So far that appears to be working just like I want.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Glad it works. Just for the record - there are no re-invented wheels here. These combined lane/belt balancers are just standard belt balancers with individual lane balancers attached to each input or output lane. You can rearrange them for compactness if you like, but that's just aesthetics. Furthermore, there's zero difference between these combined examples, and simply using a regular belt balancer, with lane balancers used way back at the sources of production. Or at the final points of consumption.

Return to “Gameplay Help”