I need help with trains

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
matveyregentov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I need help with trains

Post by matveyregentov »

I laied this line to get ore from mining facility to base, where I could process it. When I found, that one train wasn't enough, I tries to adapt this line to serve two trains at once. I went though many eterations, but non of them worked. Can someone tell me where my problem is?
ss+(2017-10-08+at+01.39.44).png
ss+(2017-10-08+at+01.39.44).png (94.94 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
Last edited by daniel34 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: replaced image link with inline attachment

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I need help with trains

Post by Jap2.0 »

Just to the right of the station near your base, where the loop comes together innto a single track, the first signal is only on one side, which only lets trains pass through that segment of rail in one direction. This means that the train can't path there. Other than that, it looks fine. It won't get you especially high throughput, but it should be able to handle two trains fairly well.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Jap2.0 wrote:Just to the right of the station near your base, where the loop comes together innto a single track, the first signal is only on one side, which only lets trains pass through that segment of rail in one direction. This means that the train can't path there. Other than that, it looks fine. It won't get you especially high throughput, but it should be able to handle two trains fairly well.
Don't you mean near his Iron ore outpost? Because he has paired signals at the other end. But yes, that unpaired signal is the problem because trains are supposed to be able to go past that spot in either direction, which means it's 2-way rail, and needs to be signaled as such.

matveyregentov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by matveyregentov »

[quote="Jap2.0"]Just to the right of the station near your base, where the loop comes together innto a single track, the first signal is only on one side, which only lets trains pass through that segment of rail in one direction. This means that the train can't path there. Other than that, it looks fine. It won't get you especially high throughput, but it should be able to handle two trains fairly well.[/quot

Спасибо (thanks)! Didn't quite understand that line, but your reply got me to think about building small test railroad. Which helped a lot. Problem solved

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Yep, sorry, I meant the ones near the iron mine.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”